All the advice out there about lowering standards is horrible.
- Just leave your house a mess.
- Let the dishes pile up.
- Let the laundry pile up
Those aren’t the standards I’m letting go. Those are my minimum standards. They’re the things that make me feel good. They’re NOT the standards I let go of.
I let go of the standards I don’t care about.
- My kids wearing matching outfits and hair bows
- My kids wearing socks
- Doing my kids’ hair
- Caring what other people think about the way me/my kids look
- Being busy
- Being in a hurry
- Having a schedule that I stick to every day
- Making up activities for my kids
- Wearing different clothes every day
- Pinterest ideas of what my house should look like
You can’t do everything at once, but you can do all the things that are important to you. So you can lower your standards, just make sure you lower the right ones.
P.S. If you’re sick of feeling like you’re failing at all the things, I can help. I’ll help you figure out what’s actually important to you and what you can let go of, without the guilt. And I’ll tell you what actually works to get motivated to tackle that to-do list. We can get all this done in one conversation. And I’ll tell you about what it would look like to have my support while you’re implementing it. Click here to schedule a call.